List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ferindo Middleton Jr Date:March 31 2006 1:17am
Subject:TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated field
View as plain text
I think I've seen this complaint posted before but I ignored but now I
realize that in some of my db tables' last_updated field the value is
automatically updating on UPDATEs to records while in other tables the
last_updated fields for some strange reason aren't automatically updating.

I'll usually use the following line in my table declarations:

last_updated  TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,

In some tables it automatically updates on subsequent updates to the
table and in others it will not. The purpose here is to have the
last_updated field automatically append to the current timestamp... the
application on the front end doesn't specify the time to MySQL but
rather expects that it's always going to be UPDATEd to the current time
slot.

What am I doing wrong what command should I issue to my tables to
correct it? Thanks

Ferindo
Thread
TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldScott Haneda31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldjonathan31 Mar
    • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
      • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldHank31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldBarry31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
          • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldJonathan Mangin2 Apr