List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Godsey Date:March 29 2006 5:07pm
Subject:Re: Is there anyway to return an array?
View as plain text
Well, I'm doing something stupid because that is what the bosses want.  I
appreciate the suggestions, I think the CSV string format is the way to
go.

David Godsey

> David Godsey wrote:
>

>>> I know, I know, sounds like something that should be done in the
>>> presentation layer, howerver if possible, I would like to provide
>>> common
>>> data presentation to multiple presentation layers (written in different
>>> languages).
>>>
>>> So is there anyway to return an array in mysql?
>>
> Your aware your doing something stupid and want to do it anyway :-(
>
> Why not return the values from your user defined mysql function as a
> (properly quoted) ,comma seperated list. Since almost every application
> language now has a standard csv file handling library it should be easy
> to use across diverse display technologies.
>
> Urrgh
>
> Nigel

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
regular duties.

David Godsey

Thread
Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?SGreen24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?Peter Brawley25 Mar
    • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?nigel wood25 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey29 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar
        • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar