List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg 'groggy' Lehey Date:March 28 2006 11:53pm
Subject:Re: SP Debugger (was: Re: ANN: Database Workbench 2.8.5 released!)
View as plain text
On Tuesday, 28 March 2006 at  8:29:08 +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>>> Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next
>>> version of the popular database development tool:
>>> Database Workbench 2.8.5 has been released today!
>> I'd like to hear more about the stored procedure debugger -- does all the
>> functionality in the documentation work with MySQL?  Anybody used this with
>> MySQL, who could describe their experience with it?
>> I would really love a good SP debugger!
> I'm sorry to say the debugger only works with InterBase
> and Firebird.
> The MySQL server doesn't provide debugging hooks, by itself,
> this is a problem for 3rd party tool vendors. InterBase or Firebird
> don't provide these either, but we are emulating server behaviour
> at the client side. Although this works for a very large part, it isn't
> exactly easy and there are still problems sometimes, it's hard to
> get perfect.
> This is the reason why we haven't gone that route with MySQL.

What would it take on our side for you to reconsider that decision?

Greg Lehey, Senior Software Engineer
Echunga, South Australia
Phone: +61-8-8388-8286   Mobile: +61-418-838-708
VoIP:  sip:4484@stripped, sip:0871270137@stripped

Are you MySQL certified?

ANN: Database Workbench 2.8.5 released!Martijn Tonies27 Mar
  • Re: ANN: Database Workbench 2.8.5 released!Nick Arnett27 Mar
  • SP Debugger (was: Re: ANN: Database Workbench 2.8.5 released!)Martijn Tonies28 Mar
    • Re: SP Debugger (was: Re: ANN: Database Workbench 2.8.5 released!)Greg 'groggy' Lehey29 Mar