List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:March 28 2006 8:42pm
Subject:Re: Customer Recommendation Query
View as plain text
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Brian Erickson wrote:

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: Brian Erickson <erickson.brian@stripped>
> Subject: Customer Recommendation Query
snip
> We are using MySQL version 3.23. There are approximately
> 500 unique rows in the 'actions' table and 2,000,000 rows
> in the member_actions table, with 3,000+ actions being
> recorded at any given time.
snip
> So, our question is whether or not this is feasible with a
> one/few query approach, or if this is something that
> should be accomplished with something similar to the
> approach above? Can anyone provide a good start for us?

I think a good start would be to consider the possiblity of
upgrading from 3.23 to 5.0.18/19.

I'm sure there is alot more functionality available for you
to utilise then - not just in SELECT statements either.

Regards

Keith

in practice they are not.
Thread
Customer Recommendation QueryBrian Erickson28 Mar
  • Re: Customer Recommendation Querymysql28 Mar
  • Re: Customer Recommendation QueryPeter Brawley28 Mar
  • Re: Customer Recommendation QueryGabriel PREDA29 Mar