List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pure Web Solution Date:March 28 2006 2:06pm
Subject:Re: CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVE
View as plain text
I dont think that it is possible to specify the engine when creating a table
this way, you could however create the table using the:

CREATE TABLE old AS SELECT * FROM request_log

and then issue an alter table command setting the engine to whatever you like.

Pure Web Solution
http://www.purewebsolution.co.uk
PHP, MYSQL, Web Design & Web Services

"Terry Burton" <tez@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using MySQL 4.11. Is it possible to use the CREATE TABLE x AS
> syntax alongside the ENGINE = x pragma, since this would make
> archiving of tables very simple.
>
> I require something along the lines of this:
>
> CREATE TABLE old AS SELECT * FROM request_log ENGINE=ARCHIVE
>
> If this cannot be done then I can always get equivalent functionality
> by performing CREATE TABLE x (...) ENGINE=x followed by INSERT INTO x
> SELECT * FROM x, however this is not so neat since it require
> knowledge of the source table structure which makes it less ideal for
> automation.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Tez

Pure Web Solution
http://www.purewebsolution.co.uk
PHP, MYSQL, Web Design & Web Services

Thread
CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVETerry Burton28 Mar
  • Re: CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVEPure Web Solution28 Mar
    • Re: CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVETerry Burton28 Mar
  • Re: CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVEPeter Brawley28 Mar
    • Re: CREATE TABLE x AS with ENGINE = ARCHIVETerry Burton28 Mar