List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lucas Vendramin Date:March 27 2006 12:05pm
Subject:Re: Comparing x.x.x.x strings
View as plain text
Thank you.
The INET_ATON() function works fine. :D
I hope this solution save me.

> Take a look at the MySQL function INET_ATON and it's counterpart (I don't
> remember what it's counterpart is but it should be easy to find once you
> find INET_ATON).
> I know in PHP there is a function that will convert x.x.x.x to an int and
> then you just put that int into a field in your database and then use the
> INET_ATON function in MySQL to select the ips you want.
> That should return TRUE. :)
> Hope that helps.

> On 3/24/06 2:44 PM, "Lucas Vendramin" <lucas.vendramin@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I have a problem:
>> When I compare two strings in mask (x.x.x.x) the comparation is not true
>> (for
>> my question :D)... look:
>>  select '' > ''            -> FALSE
>> I want this command return TRUE, but it is returning FALSE.
>> But, if I put a space first into the smaller string the camparation will
>> returns what I want:
>>  select '' > ''            -> TRUE
>> How can I check it? There is a way to correct my problem? The string is
>> like a
>> IP-ADDRESS where is better than, but it is not a
>> IPADDRESS column, it is a Version of file (version 3.2.0, version 3.2.1,
>> etc...)

Comparing x.x.x.x stringsLucas Vendramin24 Mar
  • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsRhino24 Mar
    • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsPeter Brawley25 Mar
  • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsJay Paulson24 Mar
    • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsLucas Vendramin27 Mar
      • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsJake Peavy27 Mar
  • Re: Comparing x.x.x.x stringsDan Nelson24 Mar