List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Date:March 26 2006 11:51pm
Subject:Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server
View as plain text
>In the last episode (Mar 26), Andrew said:
>> What could ever be the problem with the failing Perl DBI (C->B)
>> connection, if everything is OK with a C->A connection (with and
>> without Perl), and, in addition, a command-line C->B connection
>> works?
>
>The password on B is a new-style password, and perl on C was built with
>old mysqlclient libraries?

I'm sorry, this seems to be getting overlooked, each time i attempt to convey it:

For BOTH A and B, the Operating System, the Mysql server and client versions &
configurations, and (apparently) everything else relevant to mysql, IS IDENTICAL!
(including firewall, etc.etc.)

Yet, C connects to A, but not to B (within the SAME script and loop)!

If it /is/ a matter of new-style vs. old-style password, PLEASE tell me where else to
look.  On both A and B, the files /etc/my.cnf are identical (with "old_passwords=1" in
each).  Where else should I look for a difference in configurations?

If C (with MySQL 4.0.25-standard-log) connects to A (5.1.7-beta), as it is now (WITHOUT
any upgrading), doesn't that indicate that C is capable of connecting to B as well (B
being identical to A)?  (Something akin to transitivity here...)

completely stumped.

TIA

andrew

>--
>	Dan Nelson
>	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by serverAndrew26 Mar
  • Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by serverDan Nelson26 Mar
Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested byserverAndrew27 Mar
  • Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested byserverBluejays PC Services27 Mar
  • Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by serverMichael Stassen27 Mar