List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:barney Date:March 26 2006 4:18am
Subject:Re: Find records not in many-to-many table?
View as plain text
I wish!

That's the first thing that occurred to me ... unfortunately, this must be done by query
... I'm not allowed to create tables <sigh />.  Seems the guy I'm doin' this for
doesn't trust me that far ... he got burned pretty badly a few years ago by a developer
building in back-door access to his stuff, so he's leery of allowing any more access than
absolutely necessary ... can't say I blame him, considering what it cost him.

Anyway, temp table is out ... not sure about flat file, but that's pretty kludgy ... SQL
would be more elegant and probably simpler - if I can ever get it to work <chortle
/>.

Make a good day ...
                               ... barn