List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lola J. Lee Beno Date:March 25 2006 9:56pm
Subject:Re: Loading Data File into Database Table
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:

>  >ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
> manual that corresponds to your >MySQL server version for the right
> syntax to use near 'standardwttype.txt`
>
> Use single quotes not (dreaded) backticks.

This seems to have fixed one problem.  Now, I have another problem:

ERROR 13 (HY000): Can't get stat of
'/users/lolajl/documents/development/knitlib/datafiles/standardwttype.txt'
(Errcode: 13)

Here's the modified query (once I figured that I needed to specify the
exact path where the file is located):

LOAD DATA INFILE
'/users/lolajl/documents/development/knitlib/datafiles/standardwttype.txt'
INTO TABLE StandardWeightType
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\r'
(standard_wt_type_id, standard_wt_desc, standard_wt_lud);

--
Lola - mailto:lola@stripped
http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/