List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nigel wood Date:March 25 2006 2:11pm
Subject:Re: Is there anyway to return an array?
View as plain text
David Godsey wrote:

>> I know, I know, sounds like something that should be done in the
>> presentation layer, howerver if possible, I would like to provide common
>> data presentation to multiple presentation layers (written in different
>> languages).
>>
>> So is there anyway to return an array in mysql?

Your aware your doing something stupid and want to do it anyway :-(

Why not return the values from your user defined mysql function as a
(properly quoted) ,comma seperated list. Since almost every application
language now has a standard csv file handling library it should be easy
to use across diverse display technologies.

Urrgh

Nigel
Thread
Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?SGreen24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?Peter Brawley25 Mar
    • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?nigel wood25 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey29 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar
        • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar