List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 25 2006 1:51pm
Subject:Re: Is there anyway to return an array?
View as plain text
David,

>So is there anyway to return an array in mysql?

No. Why not put the values in a table?

PB

-----

David Godsey wrote:
> This is not a typically thing that anyone would expect Mysql to do,
> however with the application I am writing it would be helpful.  Here goes:
>
> The application stores raw data from a satellite, along with a
> configuration of how to read the data.  So of the data types are Int
> Arrays and Float arrays.  Each can have conversion parameters to apply to
> the data.  So I have to loop through this raw data, converting to the
> correct type, and applying some convertion parameter (say multiply by .26
> for a float).
>
> So I will pass a function (a UDF function) a binary string, perform some
> conversion, then I would like to return it as an array.
>
> I know, I know, sounds like something that should be done in the
> presentation layer, howerver if possible, I would like to provide common
> data presentation to multiple presentation layers (written in different
> languages).
>
> So is there anyway to return an array in mysql?
>
> Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
> regular duties.
>
> David Godsey

Thread
Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?SGreen24 Mar
  • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?Peter Brawley25 Mar
    • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?nigel wood25 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey29 Mar
      • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar
        • Re: Is there anyway to return an array?David Godsey31 Mar