List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Carrier Date:March 24 2006 6:18pm
Subject:Stored procedures and views
View as plain text
Howdy folks,

I'm trying to create a flatfile dump from our database which requires some
functionality that's not possible with raw sql.  Up to now we've been using
PHP tied to mySql to do all the work and get the data in the correct format.
We would like to switch this functionality over to stored procedures in
mySql.  My question is this: Is it possible to hook a series of stored
procedures to a view so that the data is live and current?  We could set it
up to run our procedures on some regular interval and dump the result into a
temporary table but having up-to-date data would be ideal.

Thanks,

Chris Carrier