List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Foo Ji-Haw Date:March 21 2006 2:36am
Subject:Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keys
View as plain text
I've always been a believer in avoiding sql procedures, for the main
reason that I want to be as database-independent as possible. I know it
is less efficient, but being able to switch between MySQL, Postgre, and
the new freebies from IBM, Oracle, and Microsoft is a strong advantage
from the business perspective (of total cost to the customer, and
customer preference).

Of course, this is a discussion point. I'd love to hear from the
community on their experiences.

mysql@stripped wrote:
> I'd also like to add that if you have a choice between doing
> something in the application logic vs. MySQL's SQL
> statements, then it is probably more efficient to use SQL
> statements, constructs and related functions, to get the job
> done, rather than in the application logic if possible.

Thread
Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysFoo Ji-Haw20 Mar
  • Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysmysql20 Mar
    • Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysFoo Ji-Haw20 Mar
  • Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysMartijn Tonies20 Mar
    • Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysmysql20 Mar
      • Re: Discussion: the efficiency in using foreign keysFoo Ji-Haw21 Mar