List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:March 18 2006 11:39pm
Subject:RE: Update Multiple Records
View as plain text
 update myTable set status = 'completed' where id IN (10,20,30,40,50) LIMIT
5;

I believe that should work.

As a precaution, I recommend always using "LIMIT x" whenever possible on
SELECT, UPDATE or DELETE statements. This will minimize any accidental
dammage to other records should you have mistyped a query. Plus it will
speed up your SELECTS if you only need to pull 1 record say.