List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:March 17 2006 2:52pm
Subject:Re: getting table metadata
View as plain text
Hello Yves,

> is it possible to get information about tables by doing queries on some
system
> tables? I am using mysql version 4.1.11 on debian sarge.
>
> In my case I need to know which columns (names and types) a table has, and
how
> the primary key is defined.
>
> How can I get this information out of mysql by only using sql ?

Have a look at the SHOW commands in the documentation.

As for system tables, MySQL 4.1 hardly has any.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
getting table metadataYves Glodt17 Mar
  • Re: getting table metadataMartijn Tonies17 Mar
    • Re: getting table metadataYves Glodt17 Mar
      • Re: getting table metadataКосов Евгений17 Mar
      • RE: getting table metadataGordon17 Mar
  • Re: getting table metadatamysql17 Mar