List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Glodt Date:March 17 2006 8:20am
Subject:getting table metadata
View as plain text
Hi,

is it possible to get information about tables by doing queries on some system
tables? I am using mysql version 4.1.11 on debian sarge.

In my case I need to know which columns (names and types) a table has, and how
the primary key is defined.

How can I get this information out of mysql by only using sql ?

Best regards,
Yves
Thread
getting table metadataYves Glodt17 Mar
  • Re: getting table metadataMartijn Tonies17 Mar
    • Re: getting table metadataYves Glodt17 Mar
      • Re: getting table metadataКосов Евгений17 Mar
      • RE: getting table metadataGordon17 Mar
  • Re: getting table metadatamysql17 Mar