List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prasanna Raj Date:March 14 2006 11:41am
Subject:Re: update using 'set' keyword
View as plain text
Hi

Iam not sure about the answer correct me if iam wrong :(

Dont use single quotes in count_of_logons ..

Try :     $sql = "UPDATE members
 	  SET count_of_logons = count_of_logons + 1
          WHERE logon_id  = '$logonid'
          AND logon_pw    = '$logonpw'
          AND email_verified = 'Y'";

--Praj

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:18:58 -0500
"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@stripped> wrote:

> Trying to bump the count_of_logons by 1 using this update.
> Phpmyadmin shows the count staying at zero.
> I think that this   SET count_of_logons = 'count_of_logons + 1'
> is not coded correctly, but I get no errors so can not tell.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> The table def has   count_of_logons     INT,
>
> $sql = "UPDATE members
> 	   SET count_of_logons = 'count_of_logons + 1'
>          WHERE logon_id  = '$logonid'
>          AND logon_pw    = '$logonpw'
>          AND email_verified = 'Y'";

Thread
update using 'set' keywordfbsd_user13 Mar
  • Re: update using 'set' keywordMichael Stassen13 Mar
  • Re: update using 'set' keywordPrasanna Raj14 Mar