List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jason Teagle Date:March 13 2006 7:58pm
Subject:RE: mysql++1.7.1 & vc++6 compile errors
View as plain text
> the example program compiles and runs. when i go to make my own
> project i use the wizard and create a basic dialog MFC app. at
> the top of the main cpp file i add #include <mysql++> and then in
> the program call Connection con("login","localhost","root","abc");
>
> in the mysql++ download there is many lib and include folders, i
> have copyied the contents of these in the the vc++6 include and
> lib folders.
>
> when come to compile i get many errors as seen below. please help

...snip...

> Generating Code...
> Linking...
> mysqlDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
> __thiscall MysqlConnection::~MysqlConnection(void)"
> (??1MysqlConnection@@QAE@XZ)
> mysqlDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
> __thiscall MysqlConnection::MysqlConnection(char const *,char
> const *,char const *,char const *,bool)"
> (??0MysqlConnection@@QAE@PBD000_N@Z)
> Debug/mysql.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> mysql.exe - 3 error(s), 14 warning(s)

Have you included mysql++.lib in your list of libraries to link to within
your project?

(Project - Settings - 'All Configurations' from 'Settings for:' combo, Link
tab, 'Input' from 'Category' combo)

--
Jason Teagle
jason@stripped

Thread
mysql++1.7.1 & vc++6 compile errorsKeith Lee13 Mar
  • RE: mysql++1.7.1 & vc++6 compile errorsJason Teagle13 Mar