List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Date:March 13 2006 5:05pm
Subject:RE: Help regarding a simple query
View as plain text

what irritating me most.Actually if i got venu-kkk
>   I should not get that venu-kkk.
>   This was the query actually i want.
>
>    Can you please give me teh query for that
>
>Regards,
>venu.

Please post all responses to the mailing list, not directly to another
person.

the "%" is a wild card character

Name
----------
Venu
VENU
XVENU
yVeNu
Venuzztest

select * from X where Name like '%venu%'

returns:

Venu
VENU
XVENU
yVeNu
Venuzztest

select * from X where Name like 'venu%'

returns:
Venu
VENU
Venuzztest

select * from X where Name like '%venu'

returns:

Venu
VENU
XVENU
yVeNu

Jeff

Thread
Help regarding a simple queryVenuGopal Papasani13 Mar
  • RE: Help regarding a simple queryJeff13 Mar
  • Re: Help regarding a simple queryPeter Brawley13 Mar
RE: Help regarding a simple queryJeff13 Mar