List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 13 2006 4:16pm
Subject:Re: Help regarding a simple query
View as plain text
      Now i need to get all the records which consists of the string
venu(case should not be considered either case should be).i.e i should get
1,2,3,4,5,8 records

A simple way is ...

  WHERE LOCATE('venu', col_name ) > 0

or if the column is [VAR]BINARY, LOCATE('venu',CAST(col_name AS CHAR))
for case insensitivity.

PB

-----