List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Josh Date:March 13 2006 3:05pm
Subject:Re: Compare lists Query?
View as plain text
You could rotate the output... basically get 1 row
with 11 columns (CA01_count,CA02_count,...,CA12_count)
(leaving out CA10) joining all 12 tables together...

Or...  perhaps we can help with the timestamp issues
you are having and get you upgraded to later version
of mysql that supports nested SELECT statements.

--- Yesmin Patwary <yesmin25@stripped> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I had some issues in past with timestamp fields as a
> result I am unable to upgrade to mysql 4.1 version.
> I am sure below the query recommended by Josh works
> with 4.1 or above. Would it be possible to rewrite
> this query for 3.23 version?
>
> Again, thank you Josh and all others for your kind
> help and comments.
>
> Josh <josh2780@stripped> wrote:
>   Here's one method:
>
> SELECT cl1.list_name, count(*) as count
> FROM customerList cl1
> WHERE cl1.id IN (SELECT cl2.id FROM customerList cl2
> WHERE cl2.list_name='CA10')
> and cl1.list_name != 'CA10'
> GROUP BY cl1.list_name
>
> --- Yesmin Patwary wrote:
>
> > Good morning all,
> >
> > We have 12 customer lists: CA01, CA02, ….,CA12.
> >
> > Table: customerList
> > +-----------+------+
> > | list_name | id |
> > +-----------+------+
> > | CA10 | 20BE |
> > | CA07 | 20BE |
> > | CA11 | 20BE |
> > | CA03 | 20BE |
> > | CA10 | NQCR |
> > | CA04 | NQCR |
> > | CA02 | MVYK |
> > | CA10 | 0BEC |
> > | …AND SO ON. |
> > +-----------+------+
> >
> > Each list has 25 to 350 customers. Same
> > customer_id may exist in multiple lists. We need
> > compare CA10 list customer_id’s with other 11
> lists
> > to find matching id count by list_name. The query
> > output should be something similar below:
> > +------+-----------+
> > | list_name |count |
> > +------+-----------+
> > | CA05 | 60 |
> > | CA07 | 42 |
> > | CA01 | 35 |
> > | CA03 | 28 |
> > | CA09 | 15 |
> > | …AND SO ON… |
> > +-----------+------+
> >
> > Can this be done with a SELECT statement without
> > using perl or php?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Compare lists Query?Yesmin Patwary10 Mar
  • Re: Compare lists Query?Josh10 Mar
    • Re: Compare lists Query?Yesmin Patwary13 Mar
      • Re: Compare lists Query?Peter Brawley13 Mar
      • Re: Compare lists Query?Josh13 Mar
        • Problems with timestamp field after upgrading MySQL Server.Yesmin Patwary13 Mar
          • Re: Problems with timestamp field after upgrading MySQL Server.Josh13 Mar
            • Re: Problems with timestamp field after upgrading MySQL Server.SGreen13 Mar
        • Problems with timestamp field after upgrading MySQL Server.Yesmin Patwary13 Mar
        • INSERT...SELECT Query Help Request.Yesmin Patwary22 Mar
          • Re: INSERT...SELECT Query Help Request.SGreen22 Mar