List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rithish Saralaya Date:March 13 2006 5:47am
Subject:RE: How to Log Warnings and Errors from queries
View as plain text
Hello Ryan. I am more of a developer than a MySQL administrator. Hence, I
would always favour applications logging query errors rather than being
dependent on MySQL to generate a log for me. Of course, I may be wrong.

You could write a query execution function, say exec_mysql_query(...) in one
of you files, say 'Db.inc' and have it included in all your files.

exec_mysql_query(...) will log all mysql errors into a file. and you may
provide an web-interface (assuming this is a web application) to
view/download the log files.

Regards,
Rithish.