List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:RenĂ© Fournier Date:March 10 2006 11:27pm
Subject:Care and feeding of MySQL tables (aka Preventative Maintenance via Cron)
View as plain text
Just curious, what cron jobs do you schedule for automatically
checking/repairing/analyzing/optimizing MyISAM tables?

I have been doing this periodically, manually for a while, but I
figured cron is the way to go.

Also, what parameters are you using? I am thinking of running the
following cron jobs:

mysqlcheck --all-databases --auto-repair (daily)
mysqlcheck --all-databases --analyse (weekly)
mysqlcheck --all-databases --optimize (weekly)

Good idea? Bad? Or just plain ugly?

...Rene
Thread
Care and feeding of MySQL tables (aka Preventative Maintenance via Cron)RenĂ© Fournier11 Mar
  • Re: Care and feeding of MySQL tables (aka Preventative Maintenance via Cron)Gary Richardson11 Mar
  • Re: Care and feeding of MySQL tables (aka Preventative Maintenance via Cron)Dan Nelson11 Mar