List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ing. Edwin Cruz Date:March 10 2006 5:18pm
Subject:RE: How to Log Warnings and Errors from queries
View as plain text
There are some scripts that help us to save logs,

For example: log4php

You write your app and when you're testing it you define a level to save the
errors into a file and display them in your app but in production the client
doesn't have to see the errors, only the developers, so, in your log4php
define that only write the errors into a log file. This is a easy way to
control the errors logs, without re-write your scripts, for example:

Testing: Mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error()." $sql");

Production: Mysql_query($sql) or die(saveLog(mysql_error()." $sql"));

Regards!

Edwin.