List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose de Leon Date:November 24 1999 7:36pm
Subject:Re: Connecting to multiple servers
View as plain text
I understand that I can use a my.cnf file, but I allow my clients to create
their own databases via the web and even have a custom server running on a
different port, but I don't allow them shell access to modify such files.

Actually, I discovered that I  do need to specify the unix socket.
Additionally, the problem
is PHP 3.0.12 and may exist in their newest Zend.  There is a bug in PHP
that incorrectly ignores the unix socket specified if a port is also
specified.

In my case, I have mysql on a custom port and using a custom socket.  I've
sent a patch to the developers of PHP and will post it to php lists.

Thanks for your help,
Jose