List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:March 8 2006 2:21pm
Subject:RE: Charset questions
View as plain text
I'm still hoping someone can else can share their input on this.

What do other people usually do as far as the collation setting?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Ryan Stille wrote:
> When we migrated to MySQL from MS SQL, I left everything set
> to the default as far as collations - latin1_swedish_ci.
> This was based on digging through the manual and google.  But
> now I am migrating the application to a newer version of
> ColdFusion and am running into some issues with charsets on
> some ColdFusion functions.  I am wondering if my database
> charset has anything to do with it.
>
> What do other people usually do as far as the collation setting?
>
> We are in the US, but do have a few sites that make use of
> German and Spanish characters.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ryan

Thread
Charset questionsRyan Stille3 Mar
RE: Charset questionsRyan Stille8 Mar
RE: Charset questionsRyan Stille9 Mar
  • RE: Charset questionsSGreen9 Mar
    • Re: Charset questionsGabriel PREDA10 Mar