List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephan Greene Date:April 16 1999 2:50pm
Subject:Re: Can Ignore some Database to write update log
View as plain text
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, wuym wrote:

> > wuym> Hi, All
> > wuym>      I have a problem. can I select some Database in mysql to can
> write
> > wuym> update log.
> > wuym> But  Ignore  mysql's system Database("mysql").

> > Sorry, not yet.
> >
> > (The main problem is to handle queries that involves many
> > databases and add an interface to the logging module to allow one to
> > easily specify what should be logged)

As an interim hack, divide the databases into the "log these"  set and the
"don't log" set; then run separate Mysql servers one different ports for
each set.  As long as a client doesn't need simultaneous access to
databases in both sets, it might work.  It's worth a try.

Steve

Stephan A. Greene			sgreene@stripped
IT Product Development			http://www.washsq.com
Washington Square Associates, Inc.	"technology simplified" (TM)
202-544-0222(main)/1-800-759-8888 PIN 1030552# (pager)

Can Ignore some Database to write update logwuym15 Apr
  • Can Ignore some Database to write update logMichael Widenius16 Apr
  • Re: Can Ignore some Database to write update logwuym16 Apr
    • Re: Can Ignore some Database to write update logStephan Greene16 Apr
      • How do I force the use of indices within select queries?Thilo Salmon16 Apr