List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:March 7 2006 2:17pm
Subject:Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqld
View as plain text
Manuel Schmitt (manitu) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'am searching for a way to have mysqld log all passwords which clients
> are using ("trying") while connecting.
>
> As to the documentation and to my trials neither the error log nor the
> general query log contain passwords, only the usernames.
>
> I already tried to get them via ethereal, but this should not work with
> encrypted connections.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Manuel

Manuel,

The password isn't passed to the server only a one-way hash of the
password is, so it can't be logged.

	-Mark
Thread
Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldmanitu)5 Mar
  • Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldMark Matthews7 Mar
Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldmanitu)5 Mar
Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldmanitu)5 Mar
  • Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldDaniel da Veiga6 Mar
    • Re: Logging (wrong) passwords by mysqldSGreen6 Mar