List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ron McKeever Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Select IP from Text Type
View as plain text
Im trying to select an IP from a TEXT (details) type field, which works if I do this:
select id from `table` where `details` like '%' :

But If I want any record with an IP in that TEXT type field it seems a little tricky. I
have tried:
select id from `table` where INET_ATON(details) BETWEEN INET_ATON('') and
select id from `table` where INET_ATON(details) BETWEEN INET_ATON('%') and
select id from `table` where details BETWEEN INET_ATON('%') and

For instance I know this IP is in 14 different records, what I was hoping for is a result
like so:
| id |
|       66 |
|      148 |
14 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Any other ideas on how I could do this?

Select IP from Text TypeRon McKeever7 Mar