List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:March 5 2006 9:30pm
Subject:Re: 1 day left: 75% discount on MySQL/Firebird/InterBase/Oracle/SQL
Server developer tool!
View as plain text
Charles Walmsley wrote:
> I don't think lists@stripped should be used for sales.  Is there a policy
> about this?

My impression was that most people feel that the small number of product
advertisements that are directly related to MySQL are OK. That's only an
impression, but that's how I feel anyway. It's interesting, and possibly
useful, to know what commercial products are out there for MySQL. Some
people put [ Announcement ] or [ Advertisement ] in the subject line to
make it plainly obvious what sort of content the message will contain.
This is a good idea too.

Considering the volume of traffic generally, I don't think it's
justified to start chasing ( on-topic ) commercial announcements out of
the list.

I don't know about any official policy.

--
Daniel Kasak