List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:March 5 2006 9:07pm
Subject:Re: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Daevid Vincent"" <daevid@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:54 AM
Subject: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?

>I just discovered this:
> Which states:
> "They can work even without a FULLTEXT index, although a search executed
> in
> this fashion would be quite slow. "
> But then I'm kicked in the nuts because:
> "Full-text indexes can be used only with MyISAM tables"
> When I try a query on an InnoDB table:
> I get:
> "Error Code : 1214
> The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"
> So, what is the deal? Am I missing something?
> And if I can't use boolean searches on InnoDB tables with mySQL 5.0.18,
> Then WHEN will I be able to?

Osku is working on FULLTEXT for InnoDB.

> In the mean time, what is the best way to generate this equivallent
> functionality via PHP or some other mySQL 5 sanctioned way? I've seen
> several different examples on the web, but don't know which to commit to.

You could look at Sphinx, for exapmple.

Best regards,

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM

Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?Daevid Vincent4 Mar
Re: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?Heikki Tuuri5 Mar
  • RE: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?Daevid Vincent7 Mar
Re: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?Heikki Tuuri7 Mar
Re: Boolean searches on InnoDB tables?Gabriel PREDA7 Mar