List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vince LaMonica Date:March 1 2006 3:44pm
Subject:using replace() to remove tab chars
View as plain text
Hi all,

I am trying to use the replace() function in MySQL 4.1.13a to find and
remove tab characters. I'm not sure how to signify the tab char, however.
I've tried, "\t" to no avail:

update products_description set products_description =
replace(`products_description`,"\t"," ") where products_id = "33";

Does anyone have any suggestions? The mysql server [and client] are
running under Linux. The products_description field is a 'text' type. If
there's further info you need, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica       Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
vjl@stripped  <*>  Wisdom is still looking in both directions.

       When there's nothing else to read: http://w3log.vjl.org/
Thread
using replace() to remove tab charsVince LaMonica1 Mar
RE: using replace() to remove tab charsjblanchard1 Mar
  • RE: using replace() to remove tab charsVince LaMonica1 Mar
    • RE: using replace() to remove tab charsVince LaMonica1 Mar
RE: using replace() to remove tab charsRandall Price1 Mar
  • RE: using replace() to remove tab charsVince LaMonica1 Mar