List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:February 28 2006 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Some general questions
View as plain text
/>Does MySQL support the following:
 >- Support for DDL commands and dynamic SQL inside stored procedures? /
Yes.
/>- EXECUTE STATEMENT in Stored Procedures. (may be same question as
above) /
Yes to a limited extent: PREPARE | EXECUTE accepts CREATE TABLE, DELETE,
DO, INSERT, REPLACE, SELECT, SET, UPDATE and most database info (SHOW)
commands.
/>- Support for creation of databases inside stored procedures. /
Yes
/>- Support for UTF-8 data storage in VARCHAR columns. /
Yes
/>- Support of CLOBS or TEXT columns such that we can store up to 60,000
bytes of TEXT data /
Yes.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com