List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Courtney Braafhart Date:February 27 2006 6:30pm
Subject:Connecting to queries into one
View as plain text
MY GOAL

		To collect any consumers.id WHERE date of birth, last name and
first name matches  what was entered by the user.  The trick is that
date of birth lives in 		the consumer table and last name and first
name lives in the cases table (which can be joined to consumers by
consumers.id and cases.consumer_id).

		Can anyone think of way to do this in one mysql statement instead
of doing a loop?

		I am thinking it would work something like this:

		SELECT consumers.id FROM consumers WHERE date_of_birth = ? AND
consumer.id = (SELECT consumer_id FROM cases WHERE last_name = ?
AND full_first_name = ? )

		Is there a way to form the above statement in MYSQL?

MY HOPE

		That there is a really obvious solution to this question and that I
am simply suffering from a case of the Mondays!

Thanks in advance!

Courtney Braafhart

Thread
Connecting to queries into oneCourtney Braafhart27 Feb
  • RE: Connecting to queries into oneTaiyo27 Feb
  • Re: Connecting to queries into onePeter Brawley27 Feb
RE: Connecting to queries into oneJohn McCaskey27 Feb