List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hirofumi Fujiwara Date:February 26 2006 12:23pm
Subject:CONCAT() returns not correct character set
View as plain text
Dear  MySQL fans,

I tested CONCAT() with binary strings and I got strange result.

Manual says:
	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-functions.html

If the arguments include any binary strings, the result is a binary
string.

But the following test says:

	bianry + latin1 ----> latin1 (not bianry)

mysql> SELECT CHARSET(CONCAT(_binary'Bianry',CONVERT('abc' USING latin1)));
| CHARSET(CONCAT(_binary'Bianry',CONVERT('abc' USING latin1))) |
| latin1                                                       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Hirofumi Fujiwara (Tokyo JAPAN)  enjoy JAVA and Puzzle World
fuji@stripped    http://www.pro.or.jp/~fuji/index-eng.html
fuji@stripped     Puzzle Japan    http://www.puzzle.jp/
My SUDOKU Probs  http://www.pro.or.jp/~fuji/sudoku/problems/
CONCAT() returns not correct character setHirofumi Fujiwara26 Feb
  • Re: CONCAT() returns not correct character setsheeri kritzer2 Mar
    • Re: CONCAT() returns not correct character setHirofumi Fujiwara3 Mar