List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:February 25 2006 2:42pm
Subject:RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it exists
View as plain text
I do not use Innodb tables at the moment, so all this is
pure speculation.

Is/was the server connected to a UPS when the power failure
happened?

If so, did the UPS function properly and do you have any UPS
logs to match against the mysql error log?

Things to check for would be the time the UPS took over from
the mains supply?

If there was no UPS in operation, were your InnoDB tables
corrupted when the power failure occured.

Is it possible for the InnoDB tables to have become so
corrupted that mysql had no alternative but to re-construct
the tables?

What are your config settings for mysql at boot up time?
Do you have any directives to force checking of InnoDB
tables at boot-time, and if so what are they please?

As soon as you mentioned 'power failure' the words 'table
corruption' sprang to my mind.

Also, are there any mysql transaction logs (*.log) you can
check, to see what was happening when the power outage
occured?

Keith

In practice they are not.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Rithish Saralaya wrote:

> To: david@stripped
> From: Rithish Saralaya <rithish.saralaya@stripped>
> Subject: RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it exists
>
> Hello David.
>
> There was supposed to be a power outage in our office that day. So the
> server was shut down. Finally when the power was back, the machine was
> plugged on. That's all. No file system change. Nothing.
>
> Regards,
> Rithish.
Thread
error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya23 Feb
  • Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existssheeri kritzer23 Feb
    • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya24 Feb
RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsSST - Adelaide)23 Feb
  • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya23 Feb
RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsSST - Adelaide)23 Feb
  • Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsAdy Wicaksono23 Feb
    • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya23 Feb
Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsHeikki Tuuri23 Feb
  • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya24 Feb
    • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsmysql24 Feb
Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsHeikki Tuuri24 Feb
  • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya25 Feb
    • Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsDavid Logan25 Feb
      • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya25 Feb
        • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsmysql25 Feb
          • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya28 Feb
            • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsmysql28 Feb
Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsHeikki Tuuri25 Feb
  • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya27 Feb
Re: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsHeikki Tuuri27 Feb
  • MYSQL: Unlimited Forums, Scalablity Issues, advice please?jay27 Feb
    • Re: MYSQL: Unlimited Forums, Scalablity Issues, advice please?Philip Hallstrom27 Feb
      • Re: MYSQL: Unlimited Forums, Scalablity Issues, advice please?jay28 Feb
  • RE: error 1016 : cant open ibd file even though it existsRithish Saralaya28 Feb