List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dewald Troskie Date:February 22 2006 10:20am
Subject:Table parameters not transferring while using Migration toolkit
View as plain text
Hi,

When I use the MySQL Migration Toolkit to transfer a Database from one
Mysql server to another, the table parameters configured do not seem to
be transferred as well. Fields specified as Primary keys that
autoincrement do not autoincrement in the transferred database and
fields set as null fields with default values all of a sudden show as
NOT NULL. I'm using MySQL Server 5.0.11 and Migration Toolkit 1.0.21rc.

Any suggestions / ideas as to why this is happening (the transfer is
done online, so all objects and data is moved online and not scripted).

Thanks,

Dewald Troskie
GIS Developer / Database Architect
GIS Global Image (Pty) Ltd.
Helping the world make informed decisions
P.O Box 15 The Innovation Hub 0087
Cell: +27 (0)72 685 4246
Tel: +27 (0)12 844 0660
Fax: +27 (0)12 844 0668
Email: dewald@stripped
Web: www.globalimage.co.za
Web: www.mapme.co.za
Registered Linux User No: 371874
Office L15 Enterprise Building
The Innovation Hub - Hotel Street
Lynnwood, Pretoria, 0087
"The are 10 kinds of people, those who
understand binary and those who don't"

Thread
Table parameters not transferring while using Migration toolkitDewald Troskie22 Feb