List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:February 21 2006 7:53pm
Subject:Re: confused...
View as plain text
Patrick,

 >Shouldn't I be getting back a '1' when I do my select???
 >Why am I getting an empty set?

First, creating a table doesn't add any rows. Show Create Table ...
returns a row of data definition info, not a row of table data.

Second, Defining the column as NOT NULL will require numeric input for
the column, so DEFAULT 1 will have no effect. What are you trying to
accomplish with DEFAULT 1?

PB

-----