List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gilles MISSONNIER Date:February 17 2006 9:44pm
Subject:describe table : improvement ?
View as plain text
Hello

when I do a "describe a_table", it displays :
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |

I would like to have a "Comment" that would show
  the meaning of a field. "Extra" is to be used for othe info.

I looked around at :
http://se2.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-field-name.php

but could not figure out how to do what I want.

I could make a table especially for this purpose :
create table comment (field varchar, comment varchar);
but this will end into inconsistency at last [ 2 times the same field ]...

I run MySql 4.0.24

Any ideas ?

cheers my-folks !

Gilles Missonnier
IAP - gimi@stripped
Thread
describe table : improvement ?Gilles MISSONNIER17 Feb
  • Re: describe table : improvement ?Gabriel PREDA18 Feb