List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:February 16 2006 10:44pm
Subject:Re: APACHE 2.0 can't connect to MYSQL 5 when using PHP 5.1.2
View as plain text
First you need to make sure that you have a running mysql
server for the client mysql program to connect to. If the
server is not runing, you will obviously not be able to
connect to it.

I find the following utility very helpfull - been messsing
around with it today.

http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~f91-men/qps/

It give a graphical UI, into the running processes.

I noticed using qps, that sometimes the mysqld_safe script
loads into memory, but does not actually load a mysqld
process. Also, version 4.0.21 only spawns one child process,
where 5.0.18 starts several processes in memory.

I had the RPM 5.0.18 version running, and two other seperate
binary distro's of 5.0.18, all on different sockets and
ports.

I've given up with using mysqld_safe to run the mysqld
daemon. It is to unpredictable.

qps also shows all the command line arguments passed to
mysqld, which shows at a glance which ports and sockets the daemons
are listening on.

It is included with SuSE 9.2 pro, as an extra package. I
think it lives on the DVD's.

You can download qps from the link above.

Keith

In practice they are not.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, persant mpote wrote:

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: persant mpote <kntifa@stripped>
> Subject: APACHE 2.0 can't connect to MYSQL 5 when using PHP 5.1.2
>
> hi,
>   since 3 days, i'm trying to connect to MYSQL 5.0.18 from
>   php scripts using Apache et Macromedia 2004 Dreamweaver.
>   Could someone help me doing this? Best regard.
Thread
Stored procedure issue.DreamWerx14 Feb
  • Re: Stored procedure issue.Peter Brawley14 Feb
  • APACHE 2.0 can't connect to MYSQL 5 when using PHP 5.1.2persant mpote16 Feb
    • Re: APACHE 2.0 can't connect to MYSQL 5 when using PHP 5.1.2SGreen16 Feb
    • Re: APACHE 2.0 can't connect to MYSQL 5 when using PHP 5.1.2mysql16 Feb