List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 15 2006 6:54pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.0.x and Delphi
View as plain text

> Hi! No I haven't tested with the v5 driver yet,

I suggest you do so and keep us updated.

> but I found out that the
> problem is when I use date_format function
>
> If I dont use it the data is returned ok in my app(but with hours, minutes
> etc), but if i do a date_format i get "bytes" on each record instance of
get
> date formated, the column type is datetime(of my table)

However, I do think you're getting the info and that the formatting
might be a client side issue. Check into that.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

> > I'm  having problems upgrading my database from 4.0.x to 5.0.x,
> > specially with date fields
> >
> > For example with 4.0.x I do: "select startDate from TEvent" and in my
> > application it is displayed ok(managed with controls), but the same
> > code, same odbc, same control in delphi, etc with mysql 5.0.x it
> > displays: byte instance of the date storaged in my table
>
> What datatype is being returned for this column if you try and use it in
> Delphi with the ODBC driver?
>
> Did you try the v5 driver already?
> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.0.html
>
> > My versions are:
> > Delphi 5
> > MyODBC-3.51.11-2-win
> > MySQL 5.0.18
> > MySQL 4.0.26

Thread
question about lockingPatrick Duda8 Feb
  • Re: question about lockingGleb Paharenko8 Feb
  • Re: question about lockingPeter Brawley10 Feb
    • MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiISC Edwin Cruz10 Feb
      • Re: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiMartijn Tonies10 Feb
        • RE: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiISC Edwin Cruz15 Feb
          • Re: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiMartijn Tonies15 Feb
RE: question about lockingDan Burke8 Feb