List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Laurent tilmont Date:February 15 2006 6:40pm
Subject:key words: problem to start the MySql Server
View as plain text
Hello,

My name is Laurent (from Belgium) and I got some problems to start the MySql
server.

1)I installed the 5.0 version a few days a go. I followed the manual how to
install Mysql according to my machine : windows XP (service pack 2).I
choosed the standard version and the installation went right.
2)I choosed the Windows Service installation. I used the command line to
create my first database and I granted all privileges to the user and gave
the identification password.

I am a beginner in creating web application and I created a website and my
clients asked me to include a login application . I use DM 8 and Coldfusion.
And as Coldfusion asked it, I set up the datasource with Coldfusion
administrator. But I got a "error" status which says :"

Connection verification failed for data source: essailogin
java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a
server running on localhost:3306?
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during
handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?"

And I don't know what to do? I tried to follow the manual about, chapter
2.3.12. Starting My Sql as a windows service" but it is not clear enough fro
a beginner like me.

Can you  help me?

Thank you

Laurent