List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al Sparks Date:February 13 2006 4:11pm
Subject:Newbie wants to load a couple of tables and join them
View as plain text
Basically, I'm new to mysql (or to any database for that matter).

I have an old version installed on my linux machine.  I thought, as a
learning exercise I'd take 2 files (tab separated tables) load them
into mysql and then merge or join them.

So what are the steps?  The first thing I tried was to create a
database with
   mysqladmin create MACARP
and the error I get is
   CREATE DATABASE failed; error: 'Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database
'MACARP''

A similar attempt to create a user ended similarly.  Can I get some
hints?
   === Al

Thread
Newbie wants to load a couple of tables and join themAl Sparks13 Feb
  • Re: Newbie wants to load a couple of tables and join themAlec.Cawley13 Feb