List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:February 13 2006 2:13am
Subject:Re: copy db to external host
View as plain text
Angelo

>Is there any scripts that people know of that can be
>called from cron that I can use to copy the latest
>database to the latest version?

If you have shell access, you can run mysqldump to write the DDL and
data to a sql file. See the mysqldump manual page for its many options.

AFAIK MySQL does not provide upgrade scripts to any version, so if there
is a version difference between your internal and web hosts, you may
have to make adjustments to the script which mysqldump generates.

PB

-----