List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Angelo Christou Date:February 13 2006 1:30am
Subject:copy db to external host
View as plain text

Hello List. I have an internal MySQL db that I would
like to copy (replicate?) to an external webhost. I do
not have shell access to the remote host which is why
I cannot perform proper replication. How should I go
about doing this?

Is there any scripts that people know of that can be
called from cron that I can use to copy the latest
database to the latest version?

The server is running unix, so I can use shell on the
internal server.

I would like to apologize if this should be asked in
the replication list. It's not really replication that
I need help with, I wasn't sure where to post.

Thanking you in advance.Ang