List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Giddens Date:February 12 2006 7:07pm
Subject:Re: How to select data if not in both tables?
View as plain text
Thanks,

  This worked exactly like I had hoped.

Grant

Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped> wrote:        Grant,

>If I want to select all the products that are in the product_table,
>but not in the sale_table, how to make the query?  The product_table
>has all the products, but the sale table is a subset of the product_table.

 SELECT * FROM product_table p
 LEFT JOIN sale_table s USING (prod_id)
 WHERE s.prod_id IS NULL;

 PB

 Grant Giddens wrote:
Hi,

  I have 2 tables like:

product_table:
prod_id
item_name
price
data
data
etc

sale_table:
prod_id
sale_price

If I want to select all the products that are in the product_table, but not in the
sale_table, how to make the query?  The product_table has all the products, but the sale
table is a subset of the product_table.

I tried:

SELECT item_name FROM product_table, sale_table WHERE product_table.prod_id !=
sale_table.prod_id but I'm not getting any results from that.

Sorry this code isn't exact, I'm not att my development PC at the moment.

Thanks,
Grant

How to select data if not in both tables?Grant Giddens11 Feb
  • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley11 Feb
    • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Bob Gailer12 Feb
      • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Michael Stassen12 Feb
        • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Bob Gailer13 Feb
          • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley13 Feb
      • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley12 Feb
    • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Grant Giddens12 Feb