List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Date:February 12 2006 5:59pm
Subject:cannot delete row but permissions ok
View as plain text
While on MySQL 4.0.24, I connect to my database:

$ mysql -u amavisd -ppassword spamassassin

This user can select and insert (that is confirmed) but cannot delete a
row:

mysql> delete from users where 'fullname' = 'bongo.net' limit 1;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: 'amavisd@localhost' to database
'spamassassin'

That exact SQL statement was successfully used by root as a test.

Here is info using root user connected to mysql database:

mysql> select host,db,user,select_priv,insert_priv,update_priv,delete_priv
from db;
+-----------+--------------+---------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
| host      | db           | user    | select_priv | insert_priv |
update_priv | delete_priv |
+-----------+--------------+---------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
| localhost | spamassassin | amavisd | Y           | Y           | Y
    | Y           |
| 127.0.0.1 | spamassassin | amavisd | Y           | Y           | Y

What is going on?

--
Peter

cannot delete row but permissions okPeter12 Feb
  • Re: cannot delete row but permissions okDan Trainor13 Feb
    • Re: cannot delete row but permissions okPeter13 Feb
Re: cannot delete row but permissions okDan Trainor13 Feb