List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Lefevre Date:February 11 2006 1:22pm
Subject:arbitrary ORDER BY
View as plain text
Hey folks -

I have a project where I need to sort rows by an arbitrary order. I seem
to recall at some point where I was able to do some SQL like:

ORDER BY
	type = "the first type",
	type = "another type",
	type = "yes another arbitrary type" ...

However, my arbitrary ORDER BY statements don't seem to be working on
MySQL 5.0.16.

Am I remembering correctly? I can't seem to find anything in the MySQL
manual.

Steve
Thread
arbitrary ORDER BYSteve Lefevre12 Feb
  • Re: arbitrary ORDER BYPeter Brawley12 Feb
  • Re: arbitrary ORDER BYHarald Fuchs13 Feb
Re: arbitrary ORDER BYSteve Lefevre13 Feb