List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bob Gailer Date:February 12 2006 12:09am
Subject:Re: How to select data if not in both tables?
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:
> Grant,
> >If I want to select all the products that are in the product_table,
> >but not in the sale_table, how to make the query?  The product_table
> >has all the products, but the sale table is a subset of the product_table.
>
> SELECT * FROM product_table p
> LEFT JOIN sale_table s USING (prod_id)
> WHERE s.prod_id IS NULL;
I have not tested that but I don't think it will work. Try:

SELECT item_name FROM product_table WHERE prod_id not in (select prod_id from sale_table);

Thread
How to select data if not in both tables?Grant Giddens11 Feb
  • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley11 Feb
    • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Bob Gailer12 Feb
      • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Michael Stassen12 Feb
        • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Bob Gailer13 Feb
          • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley13 Feb
      • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Peter Brawley12 Feb
    • Re: How to select data if not in both tables?Grant Giddens12 Feb