List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 10 2006 6:51pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.0.x and Delphi
View as plain text
Hi,

First of all: you're sending a message with an enormous quote of someone
elses message, this really is "not done" on an e-mail list. Start your own
topic.

> I'm  having problems upgrading my database from 4.0.x to 5.0.x, specially
> with date fields
>
> For example with 4.0.x I do: "select startDate from TEvent" and in my
> application it is displayed ok(managed with controls), but the same code,
> same odbc, same control in delphi, etc with mysql 5.0.x it displays: byte
> instance of the date storaged in my table

What datatype is being returned for this column if you try and use it
in Delphi with the ODBC driver?

Did you try the v5 driver already?
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.0.html

> My versions are:
> Delphi 5
> MyODBC-3.51.11-2-win
> MySQL 5.0.18
> MySQL 4.0.26

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
question about lockingPatrick Duda8 Feb
  • Re: question about lockingGleb Paharenko8 Feb
  • Re: question about lockingPeter Brawley10 Feb
    • MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiISC Edwin Cruz10 Feb
      • Re: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiMartijn Tonies10 Feb
        • RE: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiISC Edwin Cruz15 Feb
          • Re: MySQL 5.0.x and DelphiMartijn Tonies15 Feb
RE: question about lockingDan Burke8 Feb